2.17.2010

Eggspired

Eggspired and encouraged by the retweets from friends of my tea dyed egg photo, I decided to do quick a post on my Lunar New Year project over the weekend. I obtained the recipe of Chinese Tea Eggs  from New Asian Cuisine, a great food blog I recently discovered. I varied the recipe according to supply on hand: English Breakfast tea instead of black tea, these two random TJ Maxx purchases below to substitute for the star anise, cinnamon and Sichuan peppercorn, and blood orange peel for mandarin or tangerine peel.
Following the instructions accordingly, 
I unveiled the eggs excitedly on the first morning 
of the New Year.  
The shells were just as pretty as the eggs. 
Eggs are a symbol for golden nuggets of wealth.
Each has its own distinctive character
but definitely all good eggs!  


8 comments:

Unknown said...

These are fantastic May!! I'm going to have to do that when I have my brothers kids over, they will love it!!

Regina at Fauxology said...

Seriously gorgeous. I think I may actually attempt this one, thank you! (I'm good with large surfaces, not so good with the small crafts -- but this one is just too beautiful to pass up.) :)

Froulala said...

Sarah and Regina,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your comments! It was my first time to make them so I was very thrilled with the outcome. Please let me know if you end up making them! :-)
M.

Unknown said...

Incredible! I was waiting to see if yours turned out as nice as the pros before I attempted. I think I will try and do this one weekend with my niece.
-Mary from TrendFunnel.com

traci zeller designs said...

Those are so beautiful!!

traci zeller designs said...

I just added you to my blog roll!

Froulala said...

Mary,
Yes definitely a no sweat activity and very child friendly! Please let me know when you try it.

Froulala said...

Traci,
Thank you so much for taking the time to pop by. Always appreciate it! What an honor to be part of your blogroll! :-) You're a darling!
M