12.25.2010

Christmas Wishes

 
It feels like Christmas came knocking too soon. 
I got to Cebu 9 days ago and have been channeling the holiday spirit with traditions that I grew up with. One of them is the  9-day dawn mass called Simbang Gabi. I've also been hitting the social scene quite heavily which has caused my missing 4 of those 9 days. Gliceria, my late grandmother, wouldn't have approved but she didn't christen me her ambassadress of goodwill for nothing. 

I also came home to a lovely birthday surprise. 
 They grandly heralded my 35th birthday. 
 I am overwhelmed
by the sweetness and warmth from family and friends.
 
 They are the precious gems of my life
 and my lucky charms.

 From our home to yours,
May your Christmas be laced with 
love, warmth, peace, and good tidings!





All photos from Christies
picture 1: broche art deco "marteau" emeraudes, email et diamants, par van cleef & arpels
picture 2: a collection of five colored glass witch's balls, 19th century
picture 3: a silver, gold and multi-gem (coral, malachite,rock crystal)"christmas box", by cartier
picture 4: gillespie's syndrom, arman
picture 5: emerald and diamond art deco ring
picture 6: emerald and diamond ear pendants
picture 7: antique bloodstone, diamond and enamel bonbonniere


The following photos have been in my archives for awhile. I took them in West Palm Beach and Miami last Christmas but it was Mrs. Limestone's frings that reminded me of the swans.
 Delano Hotel Lobby

 

DIY awesomeness-Mrs. Limestone's Frings

 
photo from Christie's 



One of my best friends, Marylou Ang, sent our family this wonderful Christmas DVD by Andrea Bocelli and David Foster. It has been on repeat for most of the day, definitely a must add to your library.



2 comments:

traci zeller designs said...

Merry, merry Christmas, May!! xoxo!!

Tamara Stephenson said...

May - a birthday party and holiday with family...this must be such a treat. Sounds like your holidays are going well...we are snowed in here in New York, but loving all the nesting and time spent with family. Looking forward to featuring you this month on Nest and plan to work on the story next week....xo tamara